“Chicken breast” and “chicken” are the most searched recipe terms online. Most people, including me, are on the constant lookout for new and interesting ways to prepare chicken. Are you tired of your regular grilled chicken recipe? We all get tired of our own recipes from time to time, no matter how tasty they are. Here’s a great addition to your recipe collection and it can be done on an outdoor BBQ or indoor grill. Whether it’s for an everyday family meal or you have company coming over, here’s a dinner idea for you — pair our Easy Indian-style Grilled Chicken along with our Honey Glazed Carrots with Red Chilli Pepper and this Basmati Rice with Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts. It’s an interesting variation on the classic chicken, carrots and rice.
Basmati Rice with Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 oz uncooked brussels sprouts, grated, shredded or finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste (I keep a tamarind concentrate in my pantry called Tamcon)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- In a wide non-stick skillet, heat canola oil on medium flame. Add brussels sprouts and sauté until the tips start to brown a little.
- Add cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, and salt. Mix well and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add unsweetened shredded coconut, tamarind paste, and brown sugar. Heat through for 5 more minutes and make sure the brussels sprouts are coated well.
- Add cooked basmati rice and mix well to combine. Serve immediately.